Monday, January 28, 2019

Oh Happy Day | Theresa Moxley

Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a non-Valentine theme heart layout for you. I am using the Heart Garland Cut File today for a layout about my daughter's ninth birthday.




Here is my layout I have created.





I was inspired by the hearts on this cut file, and I wanted my photos to be clipped to the cut file so they are hanging with the hearts. I pulled my Dear Lizzy paper stash and found this Up and Up paper that was part of the Lovely Day collection to use to back all the hearts.




I also used another paper from that collection, called 8-tracks, to back the entire page with. I am using the negative space from this cut file, so it needed a good base to hold it all together. Once the hearts were all backed, and the layout adhered to the background, adding the photos and other goodies is easy!



My photos were cropped and printed to 3x3 with a slim white border, and clipped to the layout with some wooden clothespins I had in my stash. The yellows and pinks are prominent in the background, so I added other elements that were also pink and yellow. Different die cuts, ephemera, chipboard stickers, and hearts and stars are simply tucked in and around each photo.




My title came about after the fact. I had added this little yellow chipboard sticker that says Oh Happy Day, which is also from Dear Lizzy. It is simply tucked under the cake photo. Once I finished the layout I realized I hadn't really added a prominent title to the page, so that's it! 





If you'd like to see how the layout all came together, you can watch my process video here:



Thank you for joining me today! See you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment