Saturday, January 5, 2019

HOCO 2018 | Erica Thompson

Hello everyone and welcome back to The Cut Shoppe blog! Today I am sharing a layout using the first Freebie Friyay cutfile of 2019 With Love!

I recently purchased the You & Me collection from Echo Park and I was so excited to use it with this cut file! I cut the file out on some American Crafts smooth white card stock. I backed it with papers from the You & Me collection designed by Jen Allyson! I also created an offset piece to the cut file to add a little more to the cut once it was completed. I hand stitched all around the heart using some white embroidery floss. This will allow the top hearts to bend up giving lots of interest and dimension to the layout.
 I added foam squares to the back of the file and used a white piece of American Crafts smooth card stock for my background paper. The photo is of my son Grant and his girlfriend Sofia at Homecoming. I thought this photo was perfect to document their High School dance and their of so special "first love". They have been friends since middle school and recently have been given the OK to date. He even went over to her home and asked permission from her father to take her to the dance. He was so nervous but it went very well!
I used a lot of the stickers from the You & Me collection pack to embellish my layout. I also stamped out a heart stamp from a new Catherine Pooler Stamp of Approval stamp set and used an epoxy from Scrappin Happy Studio!

Here is a look at my completed layout featuring the With Love cut file! You can see what Ashley created with this same cut file on yesterday's post HERE! This file is so much fun it is a must have!


Don't forget The Cut Shoppe has moved and is even more amazing! Make sure to check out the new shop and grab some new files! Everything is 25% and today is the last day to save!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and we hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment