Monday, January 7, 2019

Winter Wonder with Kira

Hello again!  It's Kira and I am back with a non-traditional winter layout.  Since moving to San Antonio, winter has definitely been an adjustment for us PNW natives.  I'm going to be honest when I say I actually MISS the cold, grey days!  We do get them occasionally, but they're rare.



Back in November, we took a trip to the zoo when it was about 50 degrees out.  We thought it would be perfect since hardly any locals do outdoor activities in colder weather and 50 seemed like such a nice change from the 80 degrees we had been having.  So I dressed the kids in some sweatshirts and jeans and off we went.  But apparently my youngest has become a full on Texan, because he was freezing before we even paid for our tickets.  We had to buy him another sweatshirt and hat in the gift shop...and I felt like the worlds worst mom.

 Image may contain: text

Anyway, I wanted to play off of his "winter feels" for this layout about my complete mom fail.  I started with the Freebie Friyay Snowed In cut file from The Cut Shoppe and cut the title "Winter" and the snowflakes in a variety of sizes.  I used a snowflake paper to back my title and used the colors of the snowflakes as inspiration for the rest of my page.



I used my Shimmerz paints to color my snowflakes (in Coloringz No Yoking, Inklings Bahama Mama and Creameez Refresh Mint).  Once the snowflakes had dried, I added a tiny bit of glue to hold them in place and then used my sewing machine to stitch over the tops of them to add a bit more texture.



I finished off the page with some embellishments from my stash.  And finally some black splatters to pull in some of the black from my photo.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira

 

No comments:

Post a Comment