Thursday, August 8, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | Back to School Bash

Can you believe it's already time for back to school??!!  You're either ready to get those kids back with their teachers, or hoping to hang on to summer days a little bit longer.  We homeschool, so mine are with me 24/7!  HA!  Since we homeschool, I don't always have the usual school photos, but I just had to use the NEW School Days cut file.  Thankfully, we had the chance to help out on one of our church campuses last weekend with a backpack giveaway for kids in the community, and I made sure to snap a couple of photos.


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/school-days

When I sat down to work on the layout, I remembered having a kit from Freckled Fawn, that I bought last year that would work perfectly for a school themed layout.  All of my patterned papers are from the kit, and I love the way the burst patterned paper looks behind the backpack cut file.  Since I had cut the cut file from white cardstock and had such a bold paper backing it, I wanted something subtle behind it, but not solid white.  You can imagine how excited I was to have the fun notebook paper to use for my background!


Even though the papers from the Freckled Fawn kit worked with the school theme, most of the embellishments did not.  So I decided to dip into my Pinkfresh Studio Office Hours collection.  I looked for pieces that would coordinate with the colors in the burst paper and found quite a bit.  I created a photo cluster on the right hand side with some of the embellishments and then made another embellishment cluster on the left hand side, that included my journaling.


I needed something for my title, and had these black and white Thickers in my stash.  They work great with any collections, and I love the contrast with the bright colors.  The spacing worked out perfectly to add the title on the lower portion of the backpack.  

I hope you'll stop by The Cut Shoppe store and pick up the School Days cut file.  And while you're there, make sure you check out our other new designs that are now available!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment