Saturday, August 31, 2019

fall favorites | iris fox

Hello friends! Iris here ready to shed summer and head into my most favorite time of the year, Fall. So when Ashley designed the new Fall Favorites Digital Stamp, I couldn't wait to play with them.  Nevermind that it's just the end of August. And since Fall is my love language, it was completely fitting that I document my love for fall with the new cut file called Love Language.



A heart with a bunch of speech bubbles, how fab is that?!  To begin, I cut the Love Language cut file out of white cardstock twice, because I had plans to tuck some elements under and knew it would look better if the whole cut file was raised.  In the Silhouette Studio, I decided where my pictures would go, which gave me the dimensions I'd need to print them at. I also opened individual PNG files that come in the Digital Stamps, copied my favorites to the same design space that my cut file was on, and resized them into the speech bubbles I wanted them on.  Then I moved them onto an 8.5x11 space and sent them to my printer directly from Silhouette Studio.  


To add a different element, I printed the Digital Stamps on vellum.  I absolutely love how crisp the black words look on the vellum, and how they still let the background show through.  



With the whole layout planned out in Silhouette Studio, it all came together easily.  It took some time to cut everything and back the file, but as usual it's totally worth it! 

I tucked some fabric leaves from my stash in 3 spots, and added embellishments from Ashley's Oakley Avenue Collection from Pretty Little Studio. Totally unplanned but totally perfect!  This includes the flair along with the title acrylic and little word strip.  In my clusters I added and a few misc brads and enamel dots.




I did add white splatters onto my background before settling the cut file on top, and to tie everything together I added more splatters in aqua and orange, concentrating on the areas around the embellishment clusters.


This layout, with the super fun Love Language cut file and Fall Favorites Digital Stamp set was such a treat to work on!  Stop by The Cut Shoppe to check these out and the other fabulous digital stamps that Ashley just added to the shop.  They add a whole new dimension of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment