Monday, August 19, 2019

You Take A Little Piece | School Days Cut File With Theresa


Hello Lovelies! Theresa with you today for a back to school layout from way back when! I am using the School Days cut file which is just absolutely right now!


I am working with a bit of Pink Paislee today, the sweet and endearing Little Adventurer collection, plus a bit of Whimsical for the background paper.



I dug into the vault for this treasured photo from 2011 of Natalie on her first day of pre-school. Do you remember the days when our kids carried backpacks that were bigger than they were? Maybe your little darlings are just starting school - that is what this cut file reminded me of, so I cut the backpack from pink card stock as big as the 12x12 would allow.


As I laid my papers and photo on the table, I felt like the photo should go on top of the backpack, sort of like a clear pocket in the front and the photo showing through. Then I added the little embellishments around the photo and the giant unicorn like it is sticking out of the top of the pocket!


The cut file included a little name plate, so I added a little wooden embellishment to that as well.



I love connecting the title to the cut file by placing it around the cut, but this one is a bit different. I allowed the cut file to right-justify my title using those adorable alphabets from the collection. Notice how the journaling reinforces the title: "I wonder, do you know, you have my heart in that giant backpack?" 


I also added a few wooden clouds, the moon, the die cut balloon, and a few tiny stars around the title as well. 




 Such a wonderful way to tell this precious story! I will just be over in the corner wondering how the years went so fast, and yet so incredibly grateful to have this memory in our albums. Thank you for joining me today! I hope you will hop over to the shop and grab the School Days cut file if you don't have it already, and then be sure to share with us how you use it! We would love to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment