Thursday, May 30, 2019

Delightful | Iris Fox

Hello lovelies! Iris here with a sweet layout that I made about my mama.  One day we were looking through old photos and she told me she'd been a model for a photographer.  I hadn't known that and thought it was so cool!  So I'd scanned the photo and had been hanging onto it until I found the perfect products to scrap it with.  And then along came the DELIGHTFUL cut file from The Cut Shoppe.



I cut it about 8x9, to have a great big title to back with all the pretty papers (which are from the Felicity Jane "Megan" kit). My mom's photo is 4x6, so everything together fills the canvas nicely.

I backed the cut file first with vellum to soften the prints, then distributed the patterned papers so that lighter and darker ones alternated.  Before I adhered it to the background I did a little mixed media - gesso, watercolor in a light pink, and some warm grey splatters.
I clustered embellies in a few key areas to move the eye diagonally - at the top where the D is, since it's a solid letter with lots of white space; where the cut file overlaps the photo in the middle; and at the bottom right corner of the photo.  The way the L ends under the photo and the embellishments are across from it gave me a natural place to put my journaling, which I did also in a warm grey.  I wanted to keep everything on this layout soft.

The pastels, butterflies, and all the vellum touches were just so delightful, I knew I wanted to use them with the DELIGHTFUL cut file!! ;)

Go visit The Cut Shoppe to snag this file.  I can see it being versatile with lots of different color ways and patterns.

And if you'd like to see how I put this together, visit my Youtube channel.

Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment