Friday, May 31, 2019

Away We Go | A Two Page Layout With Theresa

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here today with something I don't do very often: a two page layout! I am using the Away We Go cut file, so let's have a look!




Here is my layout I created using the Away We Go cut file plus Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper Sunny Day.





This layout had such an evolution while it was on my desk, and I am so excited to share with you how it came about! I cut out the florals from one of the patterned papers in the Sunny Days collection, knowing I wanted to surround one side of the cut file with those flowers. I used two sheets of that patterned paper and then laid out the cut file with the flowers onto the background paper.






When I had that all laid out, I still had tons of those flowers left over and the layout did not feel "complete" to me. So I decided it could easily be a two page layout. I added the second background page and laid out the flowers in a vertical line on the opposite side, creating a sort of parenthesis.





I then backed the cut file with other patterned papers from the collection. I was really inspired by the indigo blue and have used that for the ocean in the cut file and for the words in the title.






Once I had the cut file backed I adhered it onto the background paper and then tucked all these gorgeous flowers around. I also tucked a few butterflies and word art around, and layered my photo on top.





For the right side of the layout I already had the flowers lined up so I glued those down and layered my photos like a photo strip. These photos are from a trip we took to Charleston, SC, in 2013. They are from visiting downtown and the Aquarium and feature our daughter Emberlynn. These layouts will go in her personal album.



To connect the two pages I used the indigo blues to create a sort of visual triangle across the page. The cut file with its brilliant ocean leads us to this side where we find blue butterflies and blue die cuts. Of course the flowers plus the touches of yellow and black tie all the elements of the layout together as well.




If you would like to see my full process video for this layout, you can watch here.



Thank you so much for joining me today for this two page scrapbook layout using the Away We Go cut file! Have you purchased this cut file yet? Please share your layouts with us and be sure to tag so we can see! See you again soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment