Friday, May 3, 2019

Sunny Day | Mixed Media With Theresa

Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a fun mixed media layout for you that will surely brighten your day! I am working with the Sunny Day cut file plus some shiny, happy yellows. Have a look!




This cut file is so incredibly versatile and there are lots of Sunny Day photos I could think of to use with it! I chose a Field Day from our daughters' elementary school days and then set about to find yellow patterned papers to fill in with. 



The cut file is cut simply from plain white card stock, and I filled in the rays with the papers, while leaving the words open. 



The background paper is black text on white so the patterned papers could pop, and I also wanted some visual interest behind the words in the cut file. I gesso'd the background and then added a few watercolors in yellow, yellow ochre, pink, and a bit of mint. 



There was one floral among the yellow papers that had bits of green, so I added a few other floral die cuts to repeat that green in other places on the page. I created a cluster around the photo and also alongside the journaling.



I also added a few tiny enamel dots around the cut file in mint and yellow ochre. 



The embellishments are different items from my stash: a yellow chipboard floral, die cut florals, a label, a bow, a tag, and green tickets that say You and Me. 



Look at this awesome cut file! I love how one single element can inspire so much visual interest on a page! 



Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are inspired to create some sunny pages today!


Here is the list of patterned papers used in this layout: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel background paper in black and white, so the yellows would pop. Other papers are from Pink Paislee Paige Evans Horizon (yellow on yellow floral); Shimelle Glitter Girl (yellow on white polka dot); Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Bloom (yellow on yellow chevron); Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Flourish (yellow on cream floral); Pink Paislee Paige Evans Whimsical (yellow on white stripe); Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Flourish (yellow on green floral); Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather (white plus on yellow); Pink Paislee Paige Evans Pick Me Up (yellow geometric).




No comments:

Post a Comment