Sunday, May 19, 2019

Summer is Coming | Iris Fox

Hello scrappy friends, Iris here to share 9x12 layout using the recently released "Summer is Coming" cut file.




I'm not usually a summer fan, so how perfect for me is this cut file that riffs off of the Game of Thrones warning?!  I decided I could use it to make a summer bucket list of some of the things I'm actually looking forward to this summer!

I started off by sizing the cut file to 5 inches wide and cutting my photos into circles. The smaller ones that are images of show posters I cut at 1.5 inches and 2 inches. The 2 family photos are 3 inches. After deciding where they would go, I lightly marked their place with pencil, then used liquid watercolors by Avery Elle to draw colorful circles around the perimeters. On top of those I added coordinating sentiments by curving the stamps on the acrylic block and stamping them all around the circles.


I embellished with circular die-cuts and puffy stickers.


For the title, I backed it with a printed acetate piece from Pretty Little Studio. Originally my thought was to have some mixed media under the acetate, but when I backed it, I liked the clean look. Under the title I did more stamping and added this year in tile stickers.

I printed a list of each activity and added the corresponding number to each photo.  For more color, I added patterned paper borders at the top and bottom, and stapled more embellishment at the seams to tie them together.


I'm so glad I was inspired to document things I'm looking forward to this summer as a form of gratitude thanks to The Cut Shoppe's "Summer is Coming" cut file!

You can find the process video here on my Youtube Channel.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment