Friday, October 11, 2019

Pumpkin Patch - Lisa Fonseca

Hey friends,

I'm so happy to be part of this term's TheCutShoppe Design Team :) 
Here's my first layout and I hope you like it.
I used a new cutfile PUMPKIN PATCH, that just came out yesterday. Go check out all the new cutfiles! 


I really like this cutfile and wanted to use it as main focus on my layout. When I chose the papers to back it, I immediately had pink and orange in mind. I love both of those colors together and when you add some teal or mint, it even looks cuter! :)

So I started by backing the whole cutfile. For the pumpkin, I backed it in a traditional way but for the title I didn't adhere the green paper straight behind the letters, I adhered it a little bit crooked so that you could see it peeking out from the sides. I love to do that, I think it gives a very cool and grungy look to it.


As the tendrils were white and couldn't be backed with patterned paper, I traced them on the same green paper, cut them out and placed them behind the white ones. That way, I managed to give them some color too and I love how that turned out!


For my background, I wanted to have some faded pink and orange color. I used a baby wipe and some gelatos and rubbed them into the paper using the baby wipe. It gives a very cool effect and you can easily control where you want the color to go.


I placed my cutfile on my background using fun foam to make it stand out and then I started to matte my pictures. I used three small pictures of my sister and I when we went to a pumpkin patch last year, and matted them with some scraps of paper.


To embellish, I cut out some pink and white flowers from a Dear Lizzy collection and I found a really cool truck with pumpkins in its back from an older Doodlebug Design collection. :)

To finish I splattered some pink paint all over.

I hope you like it, see you soon :)

Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment