Friday, February 10, 2017

Me & You

Hi there,

Zsoka back with you today with a new layout that is quite fitting this time of year! 

I used the new XOXO cut file for this layout.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/509262165/the-xoxo-cut-file-can-be-used-as?ref=shop_home_feat_2
 
 
However, I decided to go with hearts instead of squares, so I just enlargened one of the heart shapes, multiplied it and replaced the squares by these.


Then I just created a simple grid design. I layered a heart shaped vellum under each patterned paper heart and only adhered both of these in the middle so I could fold up the sides for an airy feel. 


I pulled out some embroidery floss in matching colors and hand stitched the hearts in the middle. 


I added a few bits and pieces to some of the hearts: stickers, puffy stickers, rub-ons. I didn't want to overdecorate this layout because I felt like the hearts were already embellishments.


I layered some patterned papers, frames and tissue papers under my photo to draw attention to it. I added some rub-ons directly to the photo, I like the way that looks. A cute little brad also found its way onto my layout!


To finish off my page I splattered some gold ink around the page. I normally add journaling to my pages but this one is a part of a series of the same event, so I didn't feel the need to add the same thing on all of them. 



I hope you found some inspiration here today! Thank you for stopping by! Till next time, X


No comments:

Post a Comment