Thursday, February 9, 2017

All the Things I Love About You


  Hello again friends!  Candace with you today to share a little more Valentine inspiration.  I just adore the latest shop release and my favorite has to be the new XOXO cut file. I love working with grids and creating a nice streamlined layout.  The XOXO file is perfect for creating a grid all about something or someone that you love. 


To start the layout I used a piece of beautiful ombre patterned paper from Elle's Studio Little Moments collection.  I then cut the file out of white card stock so each square would measure 3x3.


I backed a few of the squares with patterned paper and left one open to show the background.  To complete the grid I added 3 photos of one of my little guy and a few journal cards cut down to 3x3.  


I embellished the layout with a few tags, hearts, word strips and (my favorite) the XO black acrylic letters.  I used white embroidery floss to stitch down the acrylic letters.  I love the pops of white!


I added my journaling to the center card with my typewriter.  To add dimension I popped up the photos and various embellishments. 


I can't say enough how much I love the final spread!  I stepped out of my comfort zone and went with a patterned paper background & I love it!!  Try stepping out of your comfort zone this week when your are getting crafty.  You just may surprise yourself and love what happens!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful week!

Candace



1 comment: