Thursday, February 2, 2017

New Cut Files | Hello Love

Are you ready for Valentine's Day?  We have plenty of love themed Cut Files in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for all of your Valentine's Day crafty projects, and today we're bringing you even more love themed designs!  There are four new cut file sets, that are now available in TCS Etsy store.  I used the Piece of My Heart cut file and the Be Mine cut file on my layout for today.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/495782038/the-piece-of-my-heart-cut-file-can-be?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/509260595/the-be-mine-cut-file-set-includes-5-love?ref=shop_home_active_4

I think it's safe to say, that the Piece of My Heart cut file is one of my new favorite designs!  I couldn't wait to use it with the Crate Paper Chasing Dreams collection by Maggie Holmes.  I used the 6x6 paper pad to back the open sections of the heart.  And I added machine stitching to the heart, once I had all of the open spaces filled.  I always love the texture that machine stitching adds to my layouts.


Instead of adding the heart directly to my background paper, I decided to adhere it with pop dots to create dimension.  I wanted to use some of the ephemera pieces from the Chasing Dreams collection to create a diagonal design on the layout.  Adding the heart with the pop dots allowed me space to tuck those embellishments right under the die cut heart.

  
It's been a while, since I've had a Process Video for The Cut Shoppe, but I'm back with one today.  If you would like to see how the layout came together, check it out here, or head over to my YouTube channel and become a Subscriber!


You can pick up the Piece of My Heart cut file and the Be Mine cut file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, along with our other two new designs this week.

   
And if you're looking for more love/Valentine's themed designs, take a look under the Holidays section in the Shop.

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
   

1 comment: