Sunday, April 28, 2019

Let’s Go | Iris Fox

Hello fellow cut file fans! I’m here to share a Traveler’s Notebook sized full photo that features one of the phrases from the Let’s Talk Summer set.

I’ve been on a full photo kick lately and just recently started my Maui travel album.  When thinking about the title page for the album, my mind turned to some of the wonderful travel phrase cut files in The Cut Shoppe.  I’m particularly smitten with the ones that are open alphas, and picked the "let’s go" phrase.  

I printed my photo and cut it down to 4.25 inches wide by 8.25 inches tall. I cut the phrase to the size it actually opens up at, just over 3 inches wide.  This let me place it in the “dead” space at the bottom of my ocean sunset perfectly.  




I backed the letters using 6x6 papers from the Pinkfresh Studio Out and About collection.  That’s one tip - all those 6x6 paper pads we’ve collected work perfectly for backing cut files!  I love that the scale of the patterns gives the smaller letters lots of fun interest.  After adding a few other embellishments from the collection, I realized the white cut file really stood out too starkly.  To tone it down and help it blend with the other embellishments, I stitched the outline in a teal thread.  This was the perfect touch!


Using the Pebbles From Me to You roller stamp, I stamped "Maui" and "2009" in a soft grey to blend in a bit with the clouds. I will note, I’d forgotten the album I’m using is for 3x8, so the TN size was a little wide.  I went back and trimmed the width another 1/8 inch.  Learn from my mistakes people! 😉


Go check out all the fun travel cut files in the shop and try using some cut files on top of full photos.  You’ll love how they really pop!

Thanks for stopping by and pop over to my Youtube Channel to see the process video







1 comment:

  1. Appreciating the persistence you put into your blog and detailed information you provide. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Great read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    waterjet cutting services

    ReplyDelete