Sunday, April 7, 2019

Shine Like the Stars | Iris Fox

Hello! Iris Fox here with my very first layout as a design team member and I couldn't be more excited!!  I used the Lucky Stars cut file that came out last month.  Stars are one of my favorite icons and so it was great timing.





I started out by cutting the cut file with my Silhouette Cameo at just under 11 inches from white cardstock.  Initially I had it in mind to use as a stencil and I pulled out a grey textured cardstock for my background.  As I lay the cut file on, I decided to combine stenciling and the actual cut file.  So I tore it in half, and on the top half I spritzed white mist through the stencil to get the stars on the background.


I backed some of the stars with a buttery yellow cardstock.  I matted my photo with a couple pieces of vellum so you can still see some of the stars behind them, and also I placed my photo slightly off center so that not all the center stars would be blocked. I built a couple of clusters on either side of the photo with die-cut, chipboard, label, star-shaped paper clip, and I tucked thread under the title die-cut circle for extra texture and contrast. Almost everything is from Felicity Jane, except for the title die-cut which is Dear Lizzy. 


Along the top left and bottom right, I used torn strips of vellum and star washi to add some interest in blank spots.  They are topped with chipboard circles and star elements.  


To tie things together, I stuck a strip of the star washi under the date label, and then I sprinkled star sequins around all the embellishment clusters. 


I love the combination of textures and materials, and the softness of the misting above contrasting with the sharp lines of the cut file below.

Stop by The Cut Shoppe to check out this and all the other fabulous cut files. 
And stop by my channel to see the process video. www.youtube.com/c/whimsyfox/videos

Thanks for visiting today, and I'll see you here again soon! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment