Thursday, April 4, 2019

Magic Moments | Tarrah McLean

Hi Cut Shoppe friends!

It's Tarrah McLean back with you today to share a new layout with you using the gorgeous 'With Love' Freebie Friyay cut file. You can download this cut file for free at anytime here in the store.

The 'With Love' cut file is a great one to use up lots of scraps and bits and pieces. You can do this by backing each heart in a different paper. I firstly cut out the design with a pretty pinky coloured paper and then backed different papers behind the hearts. I love how it turned out!

With Love

Once I had all the hearts backed with the papers, I added foam tape to the underside of each heart, I wanted them to have dimension and create that shadow on the page.
Before I adhered the heart cut file down, I got out my watercolour paints and drew a rough heart shape in both pink and blue. I then added a few splats of mist in various colours around the watercolour hearts too.

Once it was dry I went ahead and stuck down the heart cut file. I tried to position it so that you could see the watercoloured hearts underneath. I layered a few embellishments under my photo and layered the title 'Magic Moments' over the top of the bottom of the photo.

I also added a few embellishments on top of the hearts to create some added interest and I love how they look. I added some wooden pieces, some chipboard stickers and some die-cuts. The glitter pieces included in the Turn the Page collection by Paige Evans were the perfect touch to add a pop of spark in a few places too! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Make sure to check out the Cut Shoppe store, there are so many amazing designs in store to suit any theme project!

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment