Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Time For A New Adventure With Theresa Moxley

Hello Lovelies! Today I am sharing a scrapbook layout with you using the Butterfly Wings cut file. As soon as I saw this gorgeous cut file I knew I had to use it for a layout about our daughter Emberlynn, who loves butterflies so much!


I cut this butterfly out from two different patterned papers, in two different sizes. Once they were all cut out, I traced around three of them and backed them with vellum. I left a few of them unbacked so the background paper could show through.



I wanted to use some of the Pink Paislee Horizon collection by Paige Evans and it turned out to be a perfect choice. The background paper has such depth of color and the vellum butterfly wings contrast beautifully against it! 


My photo is from the day Emberlynn graduated from fifth grade, which for us meant she moved from elementary school to middle school. Her dress color was a great inspiration for the colors of the layout, pink and blue. Around her photo I added just a few simple embellishments, the flowers, the frame, and my title.


I also tucked a few flowers and puffy hearts from the collection around the cut file. This layout is all wings and hearts and flowers!


I cannot get over how detailed these butterflies are, and how pretty they look cut from different patterned papers. It looks like an explosion of wings here.


I also stamped a bit around the butterflies, using the Pinkfresh Dream On stamp set and black Archival ink. 






If you'd like to see more of my process you are invited to view my process video here:





Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are inspired to use this amazing cut file and share with us how you have used it! See you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment