Thursday, April 25, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | NYC Selfies

Hi everyone!  It's NEW Cut File day and there are four awesome designs you're not going to want to miss!  We've got designs that can be used for backgrounds, titles or just something to embellish your layout.  I used the new Heart of Glass cut file for my layout.  Hearts always have my heart, so I usually can't resist using them, when I have the chance!


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/heart-of-glass

When I use a cut file like this, I tend to make it as big as possible for the background of my layout and back it with patterned paper.  I did back the cut file with patterned paper, but instead of one large heart, I used three of varying sizes.  I used the Dear Lizzy It's All Good collection for this layout, and I backed the two smaller hearts with a single patterned paper from the 6x8 paper pad.  For the largest heart, I backed each of the open sections of the outside of the heart shape with different patterned papers.


Since I planned to have a lot of color on my layout from the patterned papers, I decided to use White cardstock for the background.  I also used White cardstock for cutting the cut file.  Sometimes the cut file can blend into the background when you do this, but some hand stitching helps define the design.  I used a chain stitch to give a little bit more texture to the stitching, and used Yellow, Pink and Teal embroidery floss.


I changed my photo to Black & White, because I always love the contrast it adds.  Then I fussy cut some flowers from one of the 12x12 patterned papers, and layered them under my photo.  I also created another cluster on the right hand side of the layout with more of the fussy cut flowers.  The rest of my embellishments were from the sticker sheet and chipboard phrase sticker sheet.  I wanted to keep the title small and add it around the hearts.  The Exclusive Puffy Sticker Alphas from the Hip Kit Club April 2019 Kits, were perfect for my title.

You can find all of the NEW Designs in The Cut Shoppe store!  Head over and grab your favorites!!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs
   
https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the layered hearts and the vibrant colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete