Saturday, September 14, 2019

Beginning Preschool | Kelly Janes

Hey there friends! Kelly back today with a new 12x12 layout using a previous Freebie Friyay Cut File, Summer Adventure.




I started in Cricut Design Space by hiding all of the letters within the cut file, using the contour feature. I then resized the image and cut it on a piece of patterned paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Office Hours Collection.


I then placed the cut file onto another piece of patterned paper from that same collection. I wanted the cut file to stand out a bit more from the background, so I used white gesso on the background paper to soften the design. I then moved onto embellishing.


I added quite a few embellishments from the Pinkfresh Studio Office Hours Collection that fit the theme of my photo that was taken at my son's preschool orientation. I had quite a bit of journaling for this layout so I took full advantage of the design of the cut file. I used the top portion of the banner for the title and then the other two curves for my journaling. I sometimes struggle with where to put my journaling on a layout, and the cut file really made the positioning easy!



Be sure to head to The Cut Shoppe Store to check out all of the cut files, stamps, digital stamps and class! There are so many fun designs!


No comments:

Post a Comment