Thursday, September 26, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | Good Book

This is my favorite time of year...Fall is in the air and Halloween is right around the corner!  And we've got some awesome NEW Cut Files in The Cut Shoppe store to get you ready for the season!  If you're not quite ready for Fall or Halloween, we've also got a couple of Cut Files that would work great for your other projects.  

I have been waiting to use the Good Book Cut File with one of my recent photos.  Getting the younger two interested in reading hasn't been easy.  So I took them to Barnes & Nobles one day to pick out some books.  Emma started reading hers as soon as we got home, and I knew this photo would be perfect with the Cut File.


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

I cut the design from white cardstock, because I planned to back it with patterned papers from the Carte Paper Heritage collection.  And I decided to layer it over a patterned paper from the collection, to make the white outline of the Cut File, stand out.


Because of the design of the Cut File, I decided to place my photo over the books.  I like that it is the center of the layout, and I added some layers and embellishments to help draw your eye to the photo.  Printing it in black & white also helps, because of the contrast with the colors in the collection.


I finished the layout with to more embellishment clusters to create a visual triangle on the layout.  I mixed in some of the stickers, ephemera pieces, and chipboard pieces to add interest and dimension to each of the clusters.

You can find all four of these new designs in the store, now!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

And don't forget to tag @thecutshoppe on Instagram when you are sharing your projects, using our Cut Files.  You can also use the hashtag #thecutshoppe.  Your layout or project could appear in the second Newsletter of the month!

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

No comments:

Post a Comment