Monday, September 23, 2019

Haunted Halloween | Mixed Media Layout With Theresa

Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a spooky Halloween layout for you! This is my final layout as part of The Cut Shoppe Design Team so I wanted to express my sincerest thank you for allowing me to inspire you on this team! It has been such a wonderful experience! Today I am using the Haunted House Cut File.






I am such a fan of Halloween and love taking pictures of our kids each year in their Halloween costumes. It seems to be one day that they are all so excited to dress up and have their pictures taken, so we always make that a big part of the day. Last year our son Addison designed his own costume, which was extra fun and creative.



I cut the Haunted House cut file from solid black card stock and had the idea to use gesso on my background so it would pop. Typically I apply gesso on the center of the page, but this time I applied it from the edges in. I then used tiny strips of chipboard to adhere the cut file, giving a little depth.



Once the background was complete, time to add all the fun embellishments! I am using the Simple Stories Happy Haunting patterned papers and die cuts, plus the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin! holographic stickers for a bit of shine.



Since this photo was not entirely related to haunted houses, I decided to position my photo over the word house. This creates a definitive focal point on the page, and all the embellishments take off from there.



I added a tag with a bit of twine, which leads to the top of the page. My date is stamped on the tab and I added tiny bat as well. The especially fun part of this layout is the horizontal cluster as well, with a fun banner that seems to stem from the title of the cut file. Some elements are above the title, others are below. And the holographic stars just add the perfect pop!



Thank you so much for joining me today! I have loved sharing these creative projects with you and hope you are inspired to go grab this cut file to make something spooky!




No comments:

Post a Comment