Saturday, September 21, 2019

the boo crew | iris fox


Hello friends, Iris back with a Traveler's Notebook spread for my October Daily from last year that I am finishing off.  If you know me, you know I'm a maximalist, wanting to do and add all the things. But sometimes I just want a quick solution to getting something done. Most of the time Halloween products come in certain colors, and they might clash with the photos. That's when going hybrid makes things easy. 


For this spread I started off by printing elements from the Boo Who Digital Stamp and Moments Captured Digital Stamp sets onto vellum, which is a nice neutral and allows easy layering.  


 
I also re-colored the "Boo Crew" stamp in Photoshop. I did this by opening the individual .png file, clicking on one of the black letters, going up to the menu and clicking on Select, then Similar. That automatically selected all the individual letters, stars, and the thin line.  In the left hand toolbar, I chose the Brush tool, changed the size of the brush all the way up, made sure my color was set to white, then clicked on the canvas.  That made everything white.  Then I hit Command-C, went over to my open photo file, and hit Command-V to paste at the bottom of my photo and resized so it fit between my daughter and I.


Along with those stamps, I'd purchased the Ghouls Like You digital papers and elements from Traci Reed Designs last year, which I knew had the perfect colors to compliment the costumes my daughter and I wore. I picked four papers to create contrasting backgrounds on each side of my spread, keeping it simple with a neutral base and adding a colorful 1/2 inch strip on the outside edges. Then I decorated around my photo with fussy-cut florals and coordinating wood veneer from Color Cast Designs.  At the top left I stuck the "Strike a Pose" sentiment from the Moments Captured set onto one of the labels.


On the right side of the spread, I stapled the "Oct 31" vellum printed stamp onto the top edge of a journal card.  I clustered another floral and a sugar skull die-cut, another wood veneer word strip, and the "Happy Halloween" sentiment around the journaling area.  A sprinkling of sequins ties it all together.



This was a really fun and quick spread thanks to the hybrid elements and the Digital Stamps from The Cut Shoppe that allowed me to match my photos and custom print to the sizes I needed.


Friends, I am sad to say this is the last project I will be making for my term here at The Cut Shoppe.  It's been a lovely time.  I will not stop being a fan of Ashley's cut files and now the Digital Stamps, and while I won't be representing the shop, I'll still be scrapping with the fabulous designs! :D








No comments:

Post a Comment