Thursday, October 11, 2018

New Cut Files | Happy Fall Y'all

I think I'm finally getting my wish, and our temperatures are starting to drop...a little bit, anyway!  So I'm just going to keep right on creating fall layouts, with some of our awesome fall themed cut files!  We're bringing some fun NEW designs to the Shop today, so make sure you head over to check them out!  I used the Fall Wreath cut file on my layout, with the Simple Stories Forever Fall collection and some Mixed Media!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/650123363/the-fall-wreath-cut-file-can-be-used-for?ref=shop_home_feat_1


It's been years, since I've attempted any Mixed Media on my layouts, but I've been wanting to try it again!  I bought some clear Gesso and White Gesso, to get things started.  I used the clear Gesso on American Crafts card stock for this layout.  Once my Gesso dried, I placed the Fall Wreath cut file on the background paper and used a pencil to lightly mark the circle area for the design.  Then I used some packaging with my watercolors to add a blend of Yellow and Orange to the layout.




I let the watercolor dry, while I backed some of the leaves on the cut file with patterned papers from the Forever Fall collection.  I wanted to bring in some of the patterned papers, but still have the Mixed Media show through a few of the leaves.  Once I had the cut file in place, I added a messy machine stitched circle in the center of it.  Next, I started working on the rest of the design.


I placed the photo on the left hand side of the layout, keeping it and the rest of my embellishments inside the wreath shape.  Then I used embellishments from the collection to create a visual triangle around the photo.  I placed two clusters above and below the photo, using a mix of chipboard stickers, ephemera and stickers.  I used the space on the right hand side of the photo to create my title.  The Fall chipboard pieces worked perfectly in the space and I used the Happy Fall Y'all ephemera piece for the title.

This was such a fun layout to put together and one of my new favorites!  I loved mixing the cut file with the Mixed Media, and I think I'll be doing it more often!  I hope you've been inspired by my layout, and that you'll head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick up the Fall Wreath cut file, and check out our other new designs!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe


https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

 

1 comment: