Sunday, October 7, 2018

Love Fall | Kelly Janes

Hey there, friends! Kelly here today and I'm so excited to be returning to The Cut Shoppe Design Team for another term! Today I'm sharing a new fall layout using the Fall Foliage Cut File & the Leaf It to Me Cut File.


I started in Cricut Design Space by inserting the large leaf with the heart from the Fall Foliage Cut File. I duplicated the the leaf and used the contour feature to hide the heart on one leaf and to hide the leaf on the other so I only had the heart remaining. I then resized the heart to a little larger than 2". I rotated the leaf so it was at an angle and repositioned the heart so it was centered in the leaf. I then sliced the heart through the leaf. I then resized four of the intricate leaves from the Leaf It to Me Cut File so they would fit along the larger leaves from the Fall Foliage Cut File.


I used Design Space to draw 3 circles around the layout and added hand stitching to the circles to create a wreath. I positioned all of the leaves in the upper left & lower right corners of the layout. I added mixed media under the leaves for more interest and color. I placed my photo behind the heart and to draw more attention to the photo I added white machine stitching around the heart shaped photo. I then added multiple die cuts & gold alphas for my title.



I love the way this layout came together! Fall is my favorite season to scrapbook and I'm so inspired by all of The Cut Shoppe Cut Files and Fall colors!!



No comments:

Post a Comment