Saturday, October 20, 2018

Scraplifted Inspiration with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with something a little different today.  I had recently seen this layout from Paige Evans and knew I needed to make something just like it.  Rainbows?  Hand Stitching?  What could be better??




I started with the Follow Your Heart cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I cut it out on smooth white cardstock.



On a separate piece of white cardstock I started my mixed media rainbow.  I used gesso before applying my watercolors to make sure my paper wouldn't warp as much.  Then I roughly traced around my cut file.  I used watercolors to create my rainbow.



After my watercolors dried, I grabbed a rainbow of thread from my stash and matched my thread to each section of color.  I used a basic back-stitch.



I decided on this grey "rainbow" paper from Pink Fresh Studio as my background.  And then embellished the page with the Paige Evans sticker book.



Is there any layouts you've seen lately that have been begging to be scraplifted?



xo, Kira 

No comments:

Post a Comment