Thursday, October 25, 2018

New Cut Files | Trick Or Treat

Next to Fall, Halloween is one of my favorite things to document.  Like, I LOVE making Halloween layouts!!  They always turn out to be my favorite pages of any of my yearly holiday layouts.  So needless to say, today's NEW Cut Files are all fun, Halloween designs!  These are perfect for documenting past Halloween photos or for your upcoming photos this year.  And you can check out our Holiday section in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for more Halloween designs.  I used the new Trick or Treat cut file on my layout today.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/639502008/the-trick-or-treat-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_feat_1




This cut file is perfect for adding a large title to your layout.  I knew I wanted to back the cut file with patterned papers from the Simple Vintage Halloween collection from Simple Stories.  Since this collection has a more traditional color scheme, with a lot of darker colors, I decided to use White card stock for my background to add some brightness to the layout.  I cut the design from Black card stock and then backed each letter with a different patterned paper.


After I had all of the patterned paper in place on the cut file, I hand stitched some stars to add texture.  I used White embroidery floss on the larger Black stars, to make it really stand out.  Then I traced the stars that were the centers of each "R" onto the patterned paper, used my paper piercer to make holes and stitched those with Black embroidery floss.  I love the look of both colored threads in the title!


I placed the finished title on my background paper, at a slight tilt to have room for my photo at the bottom of the page.  This photo is from 2016 and I had not had a chance to scrap it yet, so it was perfect for this layout.  I added a few embellishments from the collection around my photo, to help draw attention to it.  Then I spaced out a few more embellishments throughout the title to finish off the look of the layout.  And I had to add some splatters of Black Color Shine for an extra spooky look on my page!

I hope you're looking forward to using some of our awesome Halloween themed cut files on your upcoming projects!!  Make sure you visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to check out our other NEW designs that are now available!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

No comments:

Post a Comment