Saturday, October 27, 2018

Trick or Treat | Erica Thompson

Hey crafty friends!  Erica back with you to share another Halloween layout! Halloween has always been my favorite time of year! We love to deck out the house, watch scary movies and October 31st can never come soon enough! As soon as the kids get home from school on Halloween we get into costume and get things ready for the night! I love to take the kids out and get their photos taken with their costumes! I know one day they are going to love to look back and see what they dressed up for as kids!  Today I used the Trick or Treat cut file from The Cut Shoppe!  You can find it HERE!
I used the Photoplay Paper collection Trick or Treat!  I cut the file out with American Crafts black cardstock. I love how the colors pop against the black paper! The photos are from last Halloween when we had a superhero theme for our costumes! All 6 of the kids dressed up last year and it was kinda sad because I knew it would probably be the last time my oldest son Drake would dress. He was 18 last year and a good sport and dressed as the Joker! This file was so fun to back and pretty simple! I used a piece of smooth white American Crafts cardstock as my base. I wanted to add some splatters to the page just to add a little bit of some interest. I pulled out some stamp pads from Catherine Pooler that matched perfectly with the Trick or Treat collection. Grape Crush, Orange Twist and Lime Rickey! I love the Catherine Pooler inks so much. The colors are amazing and love how bright they stay when you let them dry on the page.
I decided I wanted to cut my photo out in a circle and place it in the letter O of the word Or.  I love how it turned out! 
I added foam tape to the back of the cut file to pop it up off the page.  I used the card stock stickers that come in the Trick or Treat collection pack to embellish around my layout.  I also used some black enamel dots to my layout! You can never go wrong with a few enamel dots on a project.
For my journaling I used my We R Memory Keepers typewriter to document who was under the awesome costumes and the year! Simple and to the point! I had so much fun with this cut file! If you are looking for some awesome Halloween cut files make sure to stop by The Cut Shoppe and pick some up! Also remember to check out the blog for more Fall and Halloween inspiration. 

Here is a look at my completed layout!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment