Monday, June 3, 2019

Delightful Layout With Theresa

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here with a most Delightful layout to share with you! I am using the gorgeous Delightful Cut File, which can be purchased in the shop. You are going to want to grab this one!




I was immediately inspired to create with this cut file and had some photos from a trip to the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston Salem, NC last year on my desktop, so here is what I created.




Any time I am documenting trips to the Fair Maggie Holmes Carousel is the automatic go-to collection! I have also used bits of Shine for this layout. First things first, the cut file! I cut it using the wood grain ombre paper from Shine.




Do you ever have a busy day where you want to play with your cut files, but don't have lots of time? This was one of those days, so I used one patterned paper to back the entire cut file. This is a very geometric pattern with striking lines and lots of color, which added lots of visual interest to this cut file!




I adhered the cut file to a solid pink card stock (from Felicity Jane) and then set about to add embellishments. Oh boy! The ticket paper from Carousel really spoke to me so I tore the tickets and cut them in half, creating a frame around the entire layout.




Once I had all the tickets adhered, I went around the layout with my sewing machine just to make sure those tickets weren't going anywhere! I also added a few tiny straight stitches to the cut file.





My photo of our girls going down one of the slides made its way to the bottom left corner of the layout, and then I added just a few embellishments around it. The layout was already full, so it didn't need much! But of course I needed a few labels for date and names, and space for stamping as a final touch. I am just loving curving clear stamps so they fit around die cuts! (Stamp set from Citrus Twist.)




Thank you so much for joining me today! Have you tried the Delightful Cut File yet? We would love to see how you've used it, so please share and tag us! See you again soon!





















No comments:

Post a Comment