Thursday, June 13, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | I Love You This Much

I will admit, that I have a thing for large titles on my layouts.  If there's an opportunity to use one, I probably will.  And it just so happens, that there's an awesome large title cut file in today's NEW releases in The Cut Shoppe store.  I used the This Much cut file with the beautiful Pretty Little Studio Document Life collection, designed by one of our talented, former DT members, Heather Doolittle!


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/this-much

I wanted this layout to have a bright, graphic look.  I kept the cut file as large as I could and cut it from White cardstock.  Then I backed it with a rainbow patterned paper from the Document Life collection.  I love that it brings in all of the colors from the collection without being overpowering.  I kept contrast with the bright colors in the cut file, by using a Black & White subtle patterned paper for the background.


My photo is from a trip to NYC, earlier this year.  I thought it was perfect with the cut file, since it was a selfie of the whole family.  And since we were in Times Square, there were a lot of colors in the photo, so I changed it to black & white to make it coordinate better with the collection.  I created a border on each side of the photo with the fun, days of the week circle die cuts from Document Life.  Then for a pop of color, I placed a heart sticker at the bottom of each one.


I finished the layout by adding a few embellishments layered over the die cut.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the title, so I kept it pretty simple.  I had some cute epoxy flair from Scrappin Happy Studio, so I added the number 10 to the "O" in you, to represent that I love my family 10 out of 10!!  :)  Then I placed a second epoxy flair under the photo, with the fun camera design.  You can never have too much flair!  At the end of the layout, I debated  whether I should add some splatters of Color Shine, but decided to keep it clean, in the end.

I hope you'll head over to The Cut Shoppe Store and grab the This Much Cut File.  And you can also find our other awesome designs in the store today!!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment