Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Learn to Swim | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here today with a new layout using the Pretty as a Peacock Cut File (with a twist)! When I first saw this cut file I immediately thought of splashes or rain drops so I used it to create a  pool themed layout.




I started in Cricut Design Space by uploading the SVG format of the Pretty as a Peacock Cut File. I "ungrouped" the cut file and duplicated a few of the feathers to fill in the background. I also deleted the peacock bird from the Design Screen. Once I had enough feathers on the background I cut the cut file on white cardstock.


I added clear gesso to my white cardstock before I removed it from my cutting mat. I used multiple blue mists and watercolors to paint the feathers. I peeled the feathers (or splashes in my case) from the cutting mat and then adhered the splashes to another sheet of white cardstock. I added machine stitching to each of the splashes.



I added my pool photos and pool themed embellishments along with a few lines of typed journaling to complete the layout!


I love being able to find new or inventive ways to use cut files! Thanks so much for joining me today!


No comments:

Post a Comment