Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Life Skill | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here today to share a new layout using the Shining Star Cut File from The Cut Shoppe Store!



I started by sizing the cut file to 11.5" in Cricut Design Space and cut the cut file on a piece of white cardstock. I pulled the positive piece of the cut file (the image you see above) and just used the negative pieces (the pieces you would normally throw away) for my layout. I also used the star from the cut file as a template to trim my 3.5" photo into a star shape.


I went through my ribbon stash and grabbed a rainbow of colors. I then lightly attached the ribbon the the negative pieces of the cardstock using tape runner, and then stitched along the edge of each piece of paper. I also added hand stitching between each of the negative pieces of the cut file.


I decided to leave one of the spaces empty for my title and journaling. I taped that piece of the cut file to a scrap piece of paper and ran it threw my WRMK Typecast Typewriter to ensure that I would have perfect placement of the journaling. I added my title using Thickers from my stash.


I really debated on whether or not to embellish the layout any further. I felt like there was already so much going on with the different color ribbons, but decided to add a small clustering of embellishments in a few areas on the layout...staying with the tone on tone technique.

This layout was so fun to put together and I love thinking outside the box when it comes to using cut files! Have you ever tried to use just the negative pieces of a cut file?!


No comments:

Post a Comment