Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happy Faces

I have a thing for geometric background cut files, and this week we've got the new Abstract Angles background in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!  I wanted to cut the 12x12 size and back it with patterned papers...but sometimes my ideas outweigh my time restraints!



https://www.etsy.com/listing/294367185/the-abstract-angles-background-cut-file?ref=shop_home_active_3


So, instead of backing each of the open spaces of the cut file with patterned paper, I cut four strips from the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans at 3x12.  Then I adhered each of the patterned paper strips to a piece of cardstock to create my background.  This technique still allowed me to "back" the cut file with a mix of patterned papers, but without taking so much time to paper piece each of the open spaces. 


And I decided while I was at it, I might as well take my patterned paper use up a notch and layer several more patterns behind my photo from the 6x6 paper pad.  I cut various sizes of the papers and then offset each one of them, as layers behind my photo.  I added the paper layers and photo to the center of the layout, and then clustered my title and embellishments around it.


And I did use a few embellishments to fill in some of the open spaces of the Abstract Angles cut file, just to balance out the layout design.  A few of the Fancy Free buttons, puffy stickers, and chipboard did the trick!

There are so many ways you can use the Abstract Angles cut file, so if you're shopping for it in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, make sure you check out the other new designs that are now available!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=shop_sugg

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cool cut file, and I love the way you used it in your layout!! This paper collection is fun, isn't it ;)

    ReplyDelete