Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Happy Family

Hey, friends!  Missy back today, and I have another fun layout to share using Ashley's new digital & printable Snapshots collection and two cut files: A Way With Words and Zig-Zagged. This collection is so fun and bright, and you can print it as many times as you want!


Here's the layout I created.  I cut the Zig-Zagged design on white cardstock and backed with some of the Snapshots papers.  I left some of the spots  white and then added some white gesso over a lot of the page.  I used some Shimmerz and a blue gelato to get that pretty blue watercolor look.  I added ink splatters in pink, orange and black, and I machine stitched through all the chevrons.



I love the texture that cut files give, and they look great with mixed media over them.  I cut the word "happy" on blue cardstock and paired it up with some Elle's Studio black alphas.  I pulled in some stickers from my stash.  These are from Me & My Big Ideas, American Crafts Amy Tan Rise & Shine and Heidi Swapp.


I fussy cut several die cuts and ephemera pieces from the collection here and added a flair button and some tangled thread.  I love all of these colors together...so prettu!


Here are more of the die cuts and ephemera.  I printed mine pretty small, but they can be printed larger to fill the entire 8.5x11 page.


Here's one more look at the cut file...I think using patterned paper to back a die cut plus adding mixed media may be my most favorite thing ever!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope you enjoy and gain some inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Love your layout-so cute! Thank you so much for doing the video. I just purchased the digital paper set & some cut files but I've never used the silhouette yet so it was so helpful see the steps and how you printed the items out.

    ReplyDelete