Thursday, August 16, 2018

back to school | orange gearle

Hi Orange Gearle here with a layout using the Back to School cut file from The Cut Shoppe Etsy store! Where I live, we are in full on back to school mode! I am a teacher by day and so I have been spending a lot time in my classroom getting ready for classes to begin in another week (how is it already that time?).  So I am in the back to school mode, and this cut file was perfect for documenting  these photos of my daughter on her first day of second grade last year (this means that she is almost ready to start third grade, what?)!  Here is my layout:


Here is the file -- I used it for stitching, but it can be used as a straight up cut file of course!


I used blue thread to stitch around the majority of the file, but then added some color for all the little bits inside the letters! So fun! Here are a few close ups:


I used some patterned papers and embellishments from Pinkfresh Studio, but I didn't need much -- the cut file and photos were enough!




A bit of tangled thread, some paint splatters and done! Although the stitching took a bit of time, this was so much fun to make!  I made a video of my process if that something that suits your fancy (I promise you don't have to watch all the stitching).



Thank you so much for stopping by! See you again soon! XO o.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment