Sunday, August 5, 2018

Summer Loving | Erica Thompson

Hey there Cut Shoppe Fans!  Erica here with you today with a fun summer layout using the Rough Waters cut file!
I had the cutest photo of my niece at the lake and thought this would be the perfect cut file to use!  I knew I wanted somewhat of a vertical design so I resized the cut file so it was just fitting the center  part of my 12x12 paper.  I cut it out of some Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea paper.  This collection is so fun and the colors are so pretty!  I used a white piece of American Crafts cardstock as my base and added some splatters of blues and mint green to the middle of my page.  
A few layers of pattern paper from the collection went behind my photo and I stuck it down with foam tape right in the middle of the page!  I pulled out all the embellishments I had from the Secrets of the Sea collection and began to embellish!  Now this is not mermaid in my photo but thought since we were by the water it would be fun to add 3 mermaids around the page tucked into the cut file!  
I embellished around each mermaid using puffy stickers and enamel dots!  I found the title for my layout in the Fancy Pants Designs Hello Sunshine Ephemera pack!  I thought the layout needed a little bit of black and this was perfect!
I love that you can take the cut files and shape them how every you need to fit your project!  Here is a look at my completed layout using the Rough Waters cut file!

For more inspiration using the Rough Waters cut file check out Jill's layout HERE and also this one by Donna HERE!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have been inspired to go out and create something using this awesome cut file!  





No comments:

Post a Comment