Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hey Girl Hey Layout with Neftali

Hello and welcome back Cut Shop fans! It is Neftali here with you today and I am back to share yet another Summer themed layout.

This time I am so excited to share because I used probably one of my favorite cut files by far! I used the Vacay Mode cut file set which is up on the Etsy shop now.


This set is seriously loaded with so many awesome options which are versatile enough to be used in both boy and girl layouts and family oriented summer layouts as well.

When I saw this cutfile, the first thing that stood out to me was that gorgeous swimsuit! I couldn’t resist not putting it on a layout. So what I did was I opened it up on my Silhouette Studio and used the super quick steps that Designer Ashley Horton shares in this video to choose a single image, and to be able to resize without using the rest of the icons. I also kept the flowers on the flip-flops to use as a stencil on this finished page...


I love it! 

So, I resized the swimsuit to fit the size of my page on a diagonal. After I cut it out, I traced around it and stitched with some matching pink and minty green threads. I don’t usually go for stitching because it is very time consuming. But I felt like it would be perfect to do for this specific cut file considering it’s a form of clothing. 

I also added a bit of texture around the page by using the cut out flower negatives to use with some modeling paste as a stencil. I love the subtle but perfect tropical feel it gives, and it doesn’t make my page look so bare around the white spaces.


So I decided to bring out my long time hoarded (don’t we all relate? haha) Summer Lights collection by Pink Paislee to scrap a photo of myself at the beach feeling bold and beautiful in my swimsuit. 

Life’s too short to care how the swimsuit fits, gals!


I kept the photo to the bottom right of the swimsuit surrounded by a cluster of embellishments from the ephemera pack, chipboard stickers, and card stock stickers. 




I balanced it all out by adding a second cluster of embellishments to the top part of the swimsuit and basically keeping that tag as my title, “Hey Girl, Hey.”


That is how this layout came together, friends. I love the fun feel to it that comes from the Summer Lights collection, and I just love the whole fresh feminine feel to it all. 

I hope you enjoyed today’s project share, and I hope that you feel inspired to play with the Vacay Mode cut file set available on the Cut Shoppe Etsy Store! Thanks for stopping by, xo.








No comments:

Post a Comment