Sunday, November 10, 2019

Better together - Lisa Fonseca



Hey scrappy friends,

it's Lisa back on the blog and today I'm sharing a new layout I made using a beautiful new cutfile. It's called FALL FLOWERS and is available on the CutShoppe website.


I cut it out of orange cardstock and to back it, I used yellow cardstock. I let my Silhouette machine cut out the yellow backing piece, which I had created by selecting only the contours of the flowers. That way, it was faster and I didn't need to hand-cut it.



As you can see on the photo, when I adhered the pieces to my white cardstock, I placed the orange piece slightly higher than the yellow piece, which makes the contours of the yellow piece peek our and I think this gives a very cool look. For the centers of the flowers, I used a scalloped circle punch and punched them out of different bright pink patterned papers.


Then I placed an embellishemnent in each of the centers. I used gems, buttons and brads. I really like the look that it gives and I adore the pink, yellow and orange colors together. Of course, I also needed to frame my layout... I used a cardstock sheet with the same color as the bright pink flower centers.


I matted my photo on some scraps of paper and added it to the layout. I wanted to bring some mint color in and also to do a bit of mixed media but I loved the layout so much so far and I was scared to ruin it... :) So I used some clear stickers from my stash which had splatters and splotches in different colors. I used some of those behind my photo and also on the sides of the layout. 


Then I added my title. I used gold chipboard stickers saying: "Better Together". I also added this cute little pink cat from the latest Dear Lizzy collection.


To add more mint color, I cut out some simple leaves and adhered them next to some flowers. Then I added some clear bee stickers and black splatters and I was done.

Thank you so much for stopping by, see you soon! :)

Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment