Saturday, November 9, 2019

Birthday | Mandy Melville

Hey everyone!

Mandy here with you today to share a new layout using the Photo Album cut file from The Cut Shoppe! It was my youngest daughter Eleanor's 5th birthday recently, and I took quite a few photos of her unwrapping her presents. I wanted to include a few of these photos on the one layout, and this cut file was perfect for that!


As you can see, the Photo Album cut file makes it easy to be able to include up to five photos on a layout!

Photo Album

I started by cutting the cut file out of an aqua paper, and I then went ahead and backed each of the frames with a different patterned paper from the Felicity Jane Jenny collection. I added photos to three of the frames, and for the remaining two, I trimmed down a couple of journaling cards to fit inside the frames. For my background, I decided on a subtle black and white pattern, and I then added a brightly coloured striped patterned paper down both the left and right hand sides of the layout. I adhered the cut file to the background using craft foam to give it lots of dimension.


I created an embellishment cluster to the left of the bottom two photos using a combination of the Jenny and Zoey collections from Felicity Jane. I love adding lots of dimension by tucking some elements under the edge of the photo, and adhering some on top using craft foam.


To balance out the cluster on the left, I added some more embellishments on the right hand side. 


For my title, I used a cardstock die cut which I added at the top of the page. Then I finished the layout off with a few colourful chipboard stars.


Thanks for joining me here today! I hope that you've been inspired by my layout! Don't forget to head on over to The Cut Shoppe to grab the Photo Album cut file for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment