Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Love You to the Moon and Back

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Missy here, and today I'm sharing a layout featuring a brand new cut file paired with an older one.  I used the new Love Struck file and dug back into the archives and used the Over the Moon file.  These go very well together, and I used some of the new Shimelle Star Shine collection.


I used a lot of the patterned papers to back the cute constellation heart.  I cut the new cut file on some aqua cardstock and moon with patterned paper.

I used some watercolors and Heidi Swapp Color Shine to add color to the background and built my page from there.  I added in the bottom cluster design at the end.


I just think this is the cutest sentiment!  It's perfect for this Shimelle collection, and this aqua color matches it so well.  I love how it looks next to that cute moon.


I used some clear gesso on my cardstock first, and you can see the texture it creates here.  I added in some tangled thread for more texture and color, and then I added this cute acetate "imagine" piece.


I used some of the clear stickers from the collection here...I adhered them to white cardstock and then fussy cut them out.  That camera has pop dots under it to add a bit of dimension, and I added lots of thread under that layered tag.


I am so loving all of these colors together!  It did take some time to back all those open spots on the heart, but the end result is worth it.  This is one of my favorite techniques!


Here's one final close-up of the bottom.  I used a butterfly sticker here and paired it with a flair button.  I just happened to have a random roll of washi tape in my stash that matched these colors perfectly.  I just had to use some of it here!


You can see how I put this layout together here in my process video.  I hope it gives you some fun ideas!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment