Monday, February 15, 2016

Dive In & Swim

When a group of swim team friends gathered together for a picture at their end-of-the-summer-season party, it made for quite a colorful snapshot. I brought all those colors back when I created the layout below.


To contrast with the vivid papers and embellishments of my page, I cut a title and star flourish from black cardstock, using the Make A Splash and Let's Make Music cut files from The Cut Shoppe:



To tone down the stark black of the cardstock cuts, I spritzed them both with white mist. They still made quite a statement!



I love the contrast of black and white with the saturated teal, yellow and red of the patterned paper, enamel dots, tags, and acrylics. It's a wonderfully bold look, a look that works well for my colorful photo!


2 comments:

  1. Love the bold colors and how you used the cut files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome page Madeline!! I adore that huge title!!

    ReplyDelete