Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Your Feet Should Be Dirty

Hey, friends!  Missy back with you, and today I'm sharing a fun layout made only with the awesome Write On Alpha Cut File.  I love these letters, and they look amazing all put together to form a quote.


I'm a huge Paige Evans fan, and I've seen her create layouts like this where lots of letters are hand cut to form words or a quote.  I decided to let my Cameo do the cutting, and I found this awesome quote on Pinterest.  It did take a while to choose my papers and get everything cut, but once it was done, the layout pretty much put itself together.

I used a light teal cardstock as my base, and I went over the majority of it with white gesso first.  Once that was dry, I used some of my Shimmerz and Heidi Swapp spray inks to create a watercolor effect.  Then I simply arranged all those letters, glued them down and stitched through them.  I only had one spot for my photo to go, so it was easy to put it together.


Swoon at these colors!  So yummy!  I used a variety of Crate Paper and American Crafts papers for this.  The little heart stickers are from Simple Stories.


I used a Crate Paper chipboard arrow here and a clear one from an Amy Tan sticker sheet.  I didn't want to add to many embellishments since the quote is busy in itself.


I did add a bit of bright pink tangled thread and some cork & wood veneer hearts around the photo and my journaling fit right under it.


One last photo just because of the gorgeous colors and patterns!  I highly recommend this alpha set, especially for a fun and unique page like this.


Here's my process video for this layout.  I hope you enjoy it!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments: