Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Tags

Hello Festive Friends! I hope you're all enjoying the lead up to Christmas Day. I can't believe that theres only 2 more sleeps until the Jolly man arrives and leaves presents under the tree! Speaking of presents, are you all sorted? As I write this up I am not. However I do have plans to head out soon and finish the last of it so I can wrap them up all pretty using some simple brown paper and these fun and festive tags. 

I've used a mix of Christmas designs from the store, along with an old Heidi Swapp Christmas collection I've been hoarding since its release. I love how they've turned out, and can't wait to gift them on to those we love this Festive Season.

Here's a look at the design sets I've used. The Magical Christmas set is one of our FREE designs this month. You can find it HERE

       
Tinsel Town                                        Tree Farm

       
Magical Christmas                             Out of Line Alpha

All these tags were super easy to create, and came together quite quickly.

I started with a plain tag for the base, then layered a few pieces together including a doily or ephemera piece and stapled or sewed into place 

I used a mix of white cardstock, pattern paper and glitter papers to cut the designs out

This cut file design I kept almost complete by sewing the holly leaf to the base and folding it upwards for dimension

I also used a mix of different ribbons and threads for the tops of the tags, more for decoration than to hang off the present. I can always tuck the tag into a ribbon around the present if needed

I made sure to make the most of the pieces cut out, including the negative piece of the snowflake circle. All 4 of the circle designs from the Magical Christmas Set can be used either way 

For the tags above I incorporated some twine and a bow with the gold reindeer silhouette piece, and the Letter F on the right has been used to identify that tag for a certain little person in our extended family.

Lastly these two I kept quite similar, using pattern paper under the cut file then sewing around the edge and hanging together with a tag. 

And here's one last look at a few presents already under the tree. I really like the simple look brown paper gives a present, enabling the hand made tags to stand out for all to see.

Thats all from me today, I hope this has inspired you into making your own handmade tags this Christmas. Thanks so much for stopping by. See you in the new year!
Have a Safe and Merry Festive Season!

Michelle x








No comments:

Post a Comment