Monday, December 12, 2016

Guest Designer | Christin Gronnslett

Hello Cut Shoppe fans!  We are excited to introduce you to our December Guest Designer, Christin Gronnslett!  If you haven't seen Christin's work before, then you are missing out!  She creates gorgeous mixed media designs and we couldn't wait to have her play with some of the cut files from The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.  Before we take a look at Christin's layout, let's get to know a little bit more about her.

http://umenorskan.blogspot.com/


Hello !  My name is Christin Grønnslett. I am 42 years old and I live in Norway with my husband and two kids (9 and 7) . I have been scrapbooking since 2002, but it wasn’t until 2009 after my daughter was born that I started scrapbooking on a daily basis.  I started out with very clean and simple style, I really wanted to use lots of flowers and lots of stuff on my layouts, but all those flowers that I bought just never made it to my pages… I still use cardstock as my base and in a way I have stayed true to my style. Practice have made me bolder with color and I add more layers of paper and now also more layers of mixed media.  Even though I am considered a mixed media scrapper I actually don’t like things getting too messy - that is why I NEVER use the spray on mists. I am all about controlled mixed media and all though as you will see in my video I can’t always control the paint when I drop it onto my cardstock, there is not so much mess to clean up and I can keep my desk messy with lots of stuff instead.   My passion lies in 12x12 layouts and I love to find the color products to match and enhance the photos I want and the materials I have at hand. Another thing about my style is that you will almost never see me fill an entire page; I need my white space, and that is why I use wither white cardstock or watercolor paper. Words that have been used to describe my style are:  artsy, whimsical, fresh and colorful.   I don’t consider myself an artist, I am just one of those girls who likes to play with both color products and paper. I don’t like doing art journaling - for me that has absolutely no purpose, and the same reason why you don't see many home decor projects on my Instagram account.

Here are places you can find me:

Twitter URL:http://www.twitter.com/umenorskan

Thanks so much for joining us Christin!  Let's take a look at what Christin created!



https://www.etsy.com/listing/199035578/the-arrows-with-attiude-background-cut?ref=shop_home_active_62

I love to use cut files, but since I just recently got a Cameo 3 and have been stuck with my old Silhouette from 2009 I have been used to cut out smaller pieces of the cut files and that is also what I have done here.   I have used The Arrrows with Attitude cut file on this layout. I cut it out a little smaller. I used a watercolor paper to both make the background and to cut out the arrows.  I like to cut my files out in white to lighten my layout.  



WOW!! What a great idea to use the Arrows with Attitude cut file as a layering piece, Christin! And the colors on the layout are fantastic!

Make sure you check out all of Christin's social media links, above in her bio. And head over to her Blog, so you can follow her and keep up with all of the new inspiration! 

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment