Thursday, December 8, 2016

Here Comes The Sun


Hello everyone! It's Zinia here with another layout for The Cut Shoppe & Pretty Little Studio product swap. I actually chose my products for the swap early to make sure they will arrive to me in time (international shipping can be very unpredictable) so their beautiful Christmas collections weren't available back then.

So today I'm going to show you how you can use a holiday cut file to create a non-holiday themed layout. The cut file I used is Under the Mistletoe (which is available for free) paired with a stencil I created with Tiny Triangles.


 

I started with a light blue piece of cardstock and added some gesso on a small area. I wanted to create a lighter background for my embellishments and photo to go on.




I cut the Tiny Triangles background from a laminate sheet and used it as a stencil to add some modeling paste. I colored the paste with some Shimmerz paints to create and ombre from orange to yellow.


On top of that I started creating a cluster with my cut files. I cut the design twice in different sizes and layered the pieces together near the gessoed area. 

I added my photo on top of the cut files and embellished with a few other bits. I didn't want to go overboard cause I really loved how the bold title stood out without other distracting elements. I also wanted to keep the colored paste visible.


I picked a few small embellishments like the leaf stickers and some little die cut hearts. I also cut out some hearts from a printed piece of vellum.

That was it! I really hope you enjoyed this page. I had a lot of fun putting it together and hopefully I helped you get inspired to create something with your cut files. Until next time, happy scrapping :)







3 comments:

  1. Very pretty.
    The yellow
    paste with
    the stencil
    is cool.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool page. I LOVE how you created your background.

    ReplyDelete