Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Merry & Bright

Hello Cut Shoppe friends!  Candace back with you today to share a fun layout using my new favorite cut file, Stained Glass.  Circle files are always my favorite so I knew this one would quickly become another most often used file.  You can check out this newly release file in the shop here.



I knew I wanted to use this file to document a Christmas memory so I used the Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa collection to bring in the Christmas theme to the layout.  I love the soft, delicate colors in the collection that don't scream "Traditional Christmas" but are still so beautiful!


To create this page I first had to adjust the file.  I opened the trace window in Silhouette software and traced just one circle.  I then used the eraser to delete the extra lines around the circle.  Next, I enlarged the circle to about 9x9 and cut it out of white card stock. 


I backed the file with various pattered paper from the collection.  I wanted the star in the center of the file to stand out so I used the same vellum to fill all the negative space.  


To add additional detail without adding too much weight to the page I stitched a large circle on my base page just outside of where the file would sit.


For my final touches I added a few word strips and puffy stickers along with my acrylic title and wood veneer snowflakes.  In the corners of the layout I added a few Heidi Swapp Tinsel ink splatters to match the photo.  
Another circle layout, and I am in love!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  Don't forget to tag The Cut Shoppe when you post photos of your creations in Instagram.  We love to see what you create and you just might get featured on our feed!

Have a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment