Thursday, December 22, 2016

New Cut Files | Very Shiny Nose

Merry 3 more days before Christmas!!  We've got several new Cut Files for you this week, that can be used for Christmas, New Year's, Winter and everyday layouts.  I used one of the non-Christmas-y cut files this week, to create a Christmas themed layout.  The Geo Globe cut file is really versatile and can be used in a variety of ways and with a variety of layout themes.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/500569259/the-geo-globe-cut-file-is-a-large-circle?ref=shop_home_active_13

I used the Geo Globe cut file as a stencil on my layout.  I cut the design from a sheet of cardstock.  Then I placed it on my background paper, and traced around the outer edge of the circle.  I used the triangle shaped pieces that were left on my Silhouette mat, as stencils for cutting from the patterned papers I used on the layout.  Once I had each shape traced, I trimmed it with scissors and then placed it in the coordinating space of the cardstock stencil while it was placed on the background paper.


Once all of the patterned paper pieces were in place, I machine stitched around each one.  Then I hand-stitched around the outer edge of the circle and in between the spaces of each of the patterned paper triangles.  I really love to add hand-stitching to my layouts, and I love the mix of the hand-stitching and machine stitching on this page.


I finished with a few embellishments, keeping everything inside the main circle.  This type of layout, using a lot of different patterned papers doesn't always need to be loaded with embellishments, because of the color and patterns from the papers.  And I had to add the cute reindeer wood veneer from my Tinsel Town collection from Pretty Little Studio, to go with the theme of the layout!

Here's a look at all of the new cut file sets that are available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store today!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

And if you're heading over to pick up any of the new designs (or some of your other favorites), don't forget that you can still save 31% off of your purchase through December 31st, with the Code MERRY31!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Don't forget to stop by the Blog again tomorrow, and download or new FREE Cut File!!

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment