Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thankful & Blessed

Hello Cut Shoppe Friends! Michelle back today with a new layout created with the Give Thanks and I Heart String Art cut files. As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here in Australia, I wasn't sure If I would be able to make use of the awesome Thanksgiving inspired designs that Ashley has released. However, I did find the perfect photo to document using the Thankful & Blessed design in the Give Thanks set.


In the last few days My Pop has been busy packing up and moving out of this house. A house that has been part of our larger extended family for over 48 years. I'm very thankful for the time we've all had growing up within these walls, and outside in the yard. The 'Thankful & Blessed' title cut file was perfect to assist in documenting the story I wanted to tell about the last gathering we shared together, before saying one last goodbye.


To create the layout I made a background using the house shape from the I heart String art file. I used the outline of the shape by removing the string art design, then multiplied and lined the houses up in rows. I cut the entire 12x12 design out and backed it with a pattern paper from a past Hip Kit, then added a few cut houses back to the page with my tiny attacher and foam tape for added dimension. 

 



I created a multi layer photo stack with some hidden journalling, backed the title cut file with complimenting pattern paper, and layered some painted paper houses from the same kit, on either side of the photo and title, to continue the house theme.


Lastly the addition of some enamel dots, puffy stickers, wood veneer and extra tiny staples on random houses, meant the page was complete.


Here's a closer look at the journalling. I really must replace that typewriter ribbon, or just the typewriter completely lol 


That's all from me today. I hope this has inspired you in some way to think of other ways to use the cut files. So many possibilities when you get a little creative!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x




1 comment: