Thursday, August 30, 2018

Back 2 School by Jill

Hello!  Who's in that back to school mode?  This girl!  I used this adorable Back to School file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to create a layout documenting my sweet girl's back to school haircut by our favorite hair dresser ever.

I always start my layouts with the cut file, and I adore this release!  I cut the title from white cardstock and then used several patterns to back all the letters; I used a 6x8 paper pad for this because the patterns are scaled down and work great for backing files.



Before gluing down the cut file title, I cut strips of paper 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch and glued them to my layout at an angle, following the angle I planned to use for the title.  I almost never do an angle on my pages and I'm so happy I did this time, my scrapbooks needed a change of pace.


After adding some machine-stitching along the paper strips, I added my photo and embellished with a sub-title and chipboard pieces.


I had a blast making this page, it's a bit out of the ordinary for me, but definitely still has my style.


Thanks so much for checking out my latest page!


No comments:

Post a Comment