Thursday, August 23, 2018

New Cut Files | Signs of Autumn

Today, I'm sharing a wishful thinking layout!!  We're getting close to September, but it still feels like summer is going strong around here.  So I decided to use one of our new fall themed cut files on my layout today!  We've got four new sets of cut files in the Shop, that are perfect for documenting your autumn and everyday memories!  I used the new Awaiting Autumn cut file on my layout, with the Crate Paper Willow Lane collection by Maggie Holmes.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/624471150/the-awaiting-autumn-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_feat_4




I didn't have a specific fall collection to use for my layout, but the Willow Lane collection has some patterned papers that work for fall colors.  I cut 5 of the Awaiting Autumn design from patterned papers in the 6x8 paper pad.  I sized them to various sizes from large to small and then arranged them in a diagonal on the background.  I like the "falling" leaves look it created.  Once I had all of them in place on my layout, I machine stitched down the center of each leaf.


I used a photo from last fall, and layered some ephemera pieces from the Willow Lane collection behind it.  This helps my photo stand out from the background and I love the contrast of colors from the photo with the teal color of the tag.  I used a mix of embellishments to create two other large clusters on the layout, layering them over the die cut leaves.  I like the visual triangle it created on my layout, by drawing your eye from the top of the layout, down to the bottom of the layout.


Once I had everything in place on the layout, I decided to add some splatters of Color Shine.  I covered my photo and used coordinating colors of Color Shine to splatter around each leaf area.  I love the extra color that it brought to the layout!

I hope you'll head over to TCS Etsy store to check out all of the new designs and grab some of your favorites!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment